Celery Rose

I tried the idea of using the bottom section of a stalk of celery to create the look of a rose.  I just cut about two inches off the stalk then wiped the cut edge with a paper towel to attempt to get a drier surface. It could have been drier in order to have the acrylic paint adhere better.  But, it gave it a mottled look which is a cool effect.   The leaves are done with a sponge that I had cut a few years ago. Check out this site which shows how to make a celery rose!

IMG_6386

Advertisements

0 Responses to “Celery Rose”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s





%d bloggers like this: